hello from Rome.
we made it safely here, with no delays, cancellations, flight changes or other airport difficulties. based on my personal history with such things, it can only mean that we will face some major hurdles getting back to the US. no worries. an extra day or two in Italy wouldn’t be a hardship.
anyhoo, yesterday was a long day, due to the time change, and we crashed hard at the end of it. we managed to see a good bit of the ancient city, fueled by adrenaline and caffiene. today, the plan is to see the Vatican (hey Pope!)
more updates as time and access permit. if you don’t hear from us in a few days, wait a few more *_-